It’s often not a lack of motivation or effort that holds people back from bettering their life; it’s that they simply don’t know what to do or where to begin. Marnie successfully teaches people strategies and tools to deal with challenges and changing circumstances so that they can feel more confident and in control.
Marnie started Turning Point to Well Being in 2005 and has studied and practiced numerous healing modalities for over thirty years. She has combined her unique knowledge to create effective, versatile individual and group programs.
Select Trainings & Experience
- How to work with clients who struggle with their Inner Critic (2018) - The National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine
- Anxiety Relief Program (2018) - The National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine
- Why the Vagal System Holds the Key to the treatment of trauma (2018) - Stephen Porges, PhD
- The Discriminating Therapist – (2017) - Michael D. Yapko PhD, Carlsbad California.
- Experiential & Strategic Treatment of Depression (2017) - Calgary Counselling Centre
- Clinical Hypnosis and Strategic Psychotherapy for treating depression and anxiety - Michael D. Yapko PhD, Carlsbad California.
- Certified Hypnotherapist - International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association
- Individual and Group Counselling - Vancouver Community College
- Psychology – Kwantlen College, UBC
- Therapeutic yoga instructor - Integrated Health Yoga Therapy in Hamilton, Ontario
- Integrative Energy Healing program - Langara Community College
- Counselling Cancer Therapy - Simonton Cancer Centre in Malibu, California
- A variety of pain management, mindfulness, meditation, acupressure and Qigong courses
- Hospice training and work
Marnie has developed expertise in helping people with:
- Pain and Chronic Pain
- Pre and Post Operative
- Cancer and Serious Illness
- Weight Management
'The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.' - Socrates